Skip to main content

From Negative to Blessed

November 21, 2017

So much to do, so little time!

Some people look forward to the holidays as time for family and fun, but I find that the older I get I see a to do list getting longer and longer and the holiday breaks away from school and work allow me to take a breath for a moment to catch up. Today I have a day off, but my to do list is a mile long, not just for today but for the entire holiday week.

10 Assignments due when I get back to school
4 loads of laundry to start the week and then a few more at the end
Food to make
Bedroom to clean
Closet to get back in order
Kittens claws to trim
Christmas shopping to do
Preparations for finals

And then there are the things that I'm forgetting but will hopefully remember in time.

As I look at all of these things and think about how little time I have, I have to remind myself what this particular holiday week is about. We are approaching Thanksgiving and in that I have so much to be thankful for.

Instead of looking at my to dos as a burden I must choose to find the blessings:
10 Assignments due when I get back to school I have the opportunity to go to school
4 loads of laundry to start the week and then a few more at the end  I have many outfits to wear
Food to make My pantry is stocked
Bedroom to clean I have a warm place to lay my head at night and call my own
Closet to get back in order I have a place to store my abundance
Kittens claws to trim I have a pet that adores me
Christmas shopping to do I have money to buy gifts and people to give gifts too
Preparations for finals I am almost done with my college career!

All these things and many others that could be on the list are all blessings disguised by the negativity that we sometimes allow to dwell in our minds. This week make it a goal to find the blessings and be thankful, but not just this week lets carry it on for many weeks to come!


Comments

  1. What a wonderful reminder how much changing our perspective can change how we feel about situations. I hope you have some time to breathe in the midst of all the to-do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reframing your to-do list as opportunities is an amazing way to express gratitude, which is what this time of year is all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how changing your focus changed your feelings about your life. It's a gift to look for the blessings instead of the negativity and I love how you did it with your list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today WILL be a GOOD Day!

Tuesday November 6, 2017 For my birthday a few days ago my best friend gave me a jar of what she labeled 'Smiles, Quotes and Inspiration' so I thought I would take what I pulled from there to write today. The rules of the jar are simple, take one per day if needed but if it is a good day and you don't need a pick me up then save it for another day. The past few days have been okay and I have only pulled two notes and below is what they had to say: "Since a smile is a decision, why not make the choice?" "Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's the little voice at the end of he day that says 'I'll try again tomorrow." **EDIT:  Mary Anne Radmacher is the author of this quote!*** I don't know where they originated but I needed both of these statements. My goal for this month and the foreseeable future is to find the silver lining. No matter the situation I am trying to find the good and focus on that instead of dragging myself

Mom, Momma, Mommy, Mother

September 19, 2017 Mom. We all have to have one to be alive yet each one of us has a different relationship and experience with our moms. For me she is all things positive. She nurtured, raised, and helped shape me into the woman I am today. Without her I could not imagine life. For me September 19th marks the day that her mother brought her into the world. I find the older I get the more and more I appreciate my mom and realize her wisdom. I can't put into words what she means to me and yet I thought I would write just a little something about her anyways. I am blessed beyond measure to have my mother so present in my life. She is my cheerleader and my coach. She always encourages me to do my best in everything and advises me along the way. She is always near but far enough to let me try on my own so I may learn and grow. If I succeed we celebrate but if I fail she is there to pick me back up and encourage me to try again or try something different. Regardless of the situat